Friday, February 25, 2022

Storyboarding


I’ve finished storyboarding the entirety of my opening. I included basic elements like angles/shots but I also included small directional details that will help me remember exactly what I want my actor to be expressing in each shot. Remember, her expressions are going to be essential to getting this storyline across since there is no dialogue. By doing this, I can remember exactly what I intended for each scene and communicate that to my actress.


I decided to hand draw my shots because I wanted to represent everything as close to my ideas as possible. I also included cues for where to incorporate my sound layers, Foley, and titles.


In terms of my shot choices, as action rose, I relied more heavily on POV shots, close ups, and a few medium shots so that I could keep the audience wondering what the character was doing. Towards the end, I utilized long shots to show the character and her work. I did this not to display her project, but rather, to expose the mess that she has accumulated in the process. I did this so that the viewer can put together the underlying theme of the film and be clued in on main character's internal struggles. 


1.            2. 




3.      4.  




5. 



I'm pretty sure I've made this storyboard very detailed so filming should definitely run smoothly. Also, the details should help my actress and I be on the same page. Besides building props, I think I am pretty much ready to film. The sooner I can finish filming the better because I know editing will be a challenge. My main concern is that this storyboard will exceed the two minute time limit but I will only be able to tell once I start filming.





















No comments:

Post a Comment

Final Product!

I know you’re probably sick and tired of hearing me talk about my project without letting you actually see the whole thing. But don’t worry,...