Sunday, February 27, 2022

Costuming

One way I'm going to represent the contrast of disorder and order is through the physical appearance of my character. 

In the beginning of the opening, when we first see the girl, I want her to look very put together. Her hair will be back and want her to wear jewelry. This is because she is someone who should look like they put a lot of work into looking "put together". I plan to have her wear a light blue robe with light green pants. According to my color research in one of my prior posts, these two color choices are meant to communicate tranquility and peace which is what the girl wants to project to other people.

However, I want to foreshadow the underlying “mess” she feels so I’m thinking that even in the beginning of the opening, she should wear a red accessory. So far I'm in between a red bracelet or nail polish. Both are good since her hands will be clearly visible in many of the shots (lots of closeups, POV shots, etc. Whatever it is, it needs to be red (represents chaos, passion,etc.). 


As the pacing picks up, and the character becomes more immersed in her work, I would also like her neat image to transform into a messier look. Thus, I would like her hair to be somewhat disheveled in appearance. As for clothes, I would like her robe to open more and more throughout the subsequent shots to show a red shirt underneath. I plan to use this change in wardrobe as an unveiling of her “true” persona and to represent the internal/emotional conflict that will characterize the girl for the rest of the film. 


Outfit & Accessories

     




No comments:

Post a Comment

Final Product!

I know you’re probably sick and tired of hearing me talk about my project without letting you actually see the whole thing. But don’t worry,...