Tuesday, March 1, 2022

Prop Creation

As the opening progresses, the girl will become more engrossed in her work. In the process, she will create a mess disturbing her “neat and peaceful” image. The mess will be created as she works on what I call my “RED STRINGS AND MURDER INVESTIGATION BOARD” which is basically one of these:

                 

I will not create this prop beforehand because I want to film her putting the board together. However, I also don’t want to unveil the whole board until the end of the opening. I want it to work as a final emphasis on who she “truly” is since it will be representative of her scattered thinking just like the messy room itself. As such, the whole board won’t be done on camera but I at least want to get a few shots of the creation process. 

I think some time between today or tomorrow I will go to Hobby Lobby or Michaels and pick up the products I will need for the board. As of right now, I want to get a red string and multicolored post-it notes. I already have a poster board and a cork board that could work. I also plan to use article/picture cutouts from old magazines. I’m thinking that the question she is trying to answer in her homework assignment will be something like “What’s your dream vacation?” That way, I can use all the travel, Outside, and National Geographic magazines I already have in my house (Trust me I have a lot).



As for the poster I mentioned for the opening shot, I want it to be something that fits her curated aesthetic but also serves as a reminder/motivation to keep up with it. This will set the tone for her emotional struggle. 


Here are the options I am considering so far:

           



No comments:

Post a Comment

Final Product!

I know you’re probably sick and tired of hearing me talk about my project without letting you actually see the whole thing. But don’t worry,...