Thursday, March 3, 2022

Setting Up the Set

 Even though I picked the location of the filming, I still thought that the room did not look exactly like I envisioned. I also needed to place the props in the room. 


Firstly, the bedspread seemed a bit too chaotic for someone trying to convey a minimalist vibe. Due to this, I changed the bedspread to white sheets. I think that the sterile nature of the color white will be helpful in creating a "neat" impression. I also added green pillows to keep with
the color scheme of green to communicate tranquility and calm.  

Before: 

After:

Secondly, I added the poster props that I discussed in the previous post to the wall. I chose to include all three posters because they all communicated what my character aims for in their life. I also removed everything from the nightstand and instead placed the diffuser and Vix Vapor Rub to contribute to the creation of a calming and tranquil image. Additionally, I replaced the books in the bookshelf with all the self-help books I could find around my house and another row with orderly green books and a tilted red book.


Third, I stuffed a bunch of random supplies in the desk to give off a cluttered look and removed the rug since the pattern seemed to also be too chaotic. 

With all that done, I believe the set is ready for filming.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Final Product!

I know you’re probably sick and tired of hearing me talk about my project without letting you actually see the whole thing. But don’t worry,...