Sunday, March 6, 2022

Lighting the Set

I decided that I wanted to film without using natural light because I was worried that it would change from shot to shot. Due to this, I had to get creative with how I lit up the room. Originally, I just turned on the overhead light in the room but it ended up not being enough, the room was still too dark. In addition, from certain angles that I had not considered when choosing the room,  I realized it caused a bit of a glare. 


To combat this I decided not to use the overhead light and instead to bring in multiple lamps. I placed one of these lamps on the desk to light the left side of the room and to light the scenes at the desk. Next, I placed a lamp on top of a bookcase on the right side of the room. Here it was removed from most shots but could still cast light over the right side of the room. Lastly, I brought in one last lamp and placed it in the hallway. That way, it could not be seen in the video but still worked to light the room.


My Three Saviors:
        


Here is an example of how the lightning looked in one of the shots:

No comments:

Post a Comment

Final Product!

I know you’re probably sick and tired of hearing me talk about my project without letting you actually see the whole thing. But don’t worry,...