Wednesday, March 16, 2022

Transitions/Music

 As I may have mentioned in the previous post, a growing concern of mine was that the content of my movie opening was coming across as too dramatic. While the goal of the opening is to give insight on the character’s emotional state, I want to make sure that I am doing so in a way that maintains the playful aura that is characteristic of so many coming-of-age movies. 

 

My solution to this problem is to add music and transitions.

 

Transitions:

The transitions come from the recommendations in my prior post. While I believe they did do their job in fixing the choppiness of the section of shots I had trouble with, they also serve another purpose. The “cheesiness” of these transitions creates a lighter and more playful atmosphere. In doing so, I think that what the character is going through will be more relatable to my audience.

 

Music:

I knew I needed to find music without a copyright that also fit the vibe I was trying to convey. The easiest way to do this was to go to iMovie’s wide selection of non-copyrighted music which is divided up by different emotions/genre (sentimental, playful, retro). Here, I found the song that I think I want to use for the background. It is called “Asagao” and it is by Asuka Ito. However, my main concern with this is that once I begin to add my idea in for audio layering, the music and audio may become too overwhelming. 


Overall, I think I like these changes so far but they may change as I progress in editing. 


Here is the revised section:




No comments:

Post a Comment

Final Product!

I know you’re probably sick and tired of hearing me talk about my project without letting you actually see the whole thing. But don’t worry,...